Thursday 12 June 2014

Tee shirts found - Ducati at Daytona in 1977




A reader asked if I'd any of the relaunch tee shirts left dug out the old tees andafter much diggng realised I've a few, only got the original version (below)  in 2XL in grey or white (obviously had no fat readers!), and XL in white plus M in grey. £15 plus £3 UK post, £5 Europe, £8 rest of the world. Paypal me at greg@gregpullen.co.uk if you'd like one
 
But it made me realise I've still got these must-haves if you're a Ducati fan - a tribute to Cook Neilson and Phil Schilling, inspired by the greatest bike writers of them all. As ever, Cook puts it best: "When my dear friend and Old Blue co-conspirator Phil Schilling designed tee shirts for our 1976 racing season, the diesel engine was prominently featured. First time I saw one in the cotton, I asked Phil why. His response: "That's the only part of Ducati that's making any money." "Unfortunately, the originals are in vanishingly short supply. My personal one was sold in a charity auction a couple of years ago for $1100." Naturally we've shipped a bunch to Cook and hopefully he can make good use of them. Paypal me as above or you can get your's here: bargain price of £15 plus shipping as above


 

2 comments:

  1. I have a grey one.
    Much admired, very classy looking, and quality fabric which washes. and irons beautifully. As I know all too well..
    WF

    ReplyDelete