Saturday 30 October 2010

Legends in full colour

This from the legendary Cook Neilson - Cook and Phil Schilling(left)way back when, following yesterdays post. As ever, Cook tells the story best


"Was entertained to discover that the "sea green" color of the 750 SS was inspired by the paint job on Ducati's stationary diesel powerplants. When my dear friend and Old Blue co-conspirator Phil Schilling designed tee shirts for our 1976 racing season, the diesel engine was prominently featured. First time I saw one in the cotton, I asked Phil why. His response: "That's the only part of Ducati that's making any money." So can we have a tee shirt like that?

"Unfortunately, the shirts are in vanishingly short supply. My personal one was sold in a charity auction a couple of years ago for $1100."

If there's enough interest I'll have some run off - you know where I am...

1 comment:

  1. The diesel t-shirts would be great; I'd take one.

    ReplyDelete